Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hopeful Homebirth

We ceased care with the midwives I was seeing because we cannot afford to pay that much. We should have pregnancy medicaid which makes it tempting in some ways to birth in the hospital, but we are hoping to have a homebirth with a different midwife that is more affordable. I'm anxious to do our taxes so we can see what we can work with! Pray that it will be enough to do everything that we need to!

Rob has decided that he wants a homebirth and we will continue to pray for confirmation that it is the right thing for us to do. It's not set in stone, but I'm going to go with it unless something comes up. I have to admit I'm excited! I love day dreaming about how to make my home beautiful and tidy (still working on that!) so that we can have a peaceful, calm place to labor and birth. For now though I'm focused on meeting one particular midwife who sounds like my dream midwife... Knowledgeable, experienced, thoughtful, caring, interested in me! Someone I can have a friendship with, not an impersonal relationship. And I feel like she has all of that from speaking with her on the phone. There is one more midwife that may be an option as well if this didn't work out for some reason. I'll keep you posted!

PS I have had Braxton hicks for a month or two already. I'm going to be 25 weeks pregnant on Friday. They seem to be stronger sometimes though then I remember this early on, like I can tell that familiar feeling of pulling when there's a contraction. They're not uncomfortable at all and I hope most of my labor is full of these kind of contractions!!! That's what I had for most of Emma's "labor." It happened all day long every 30 seconds or 5 minutes (totally random). I'm sure that helped me dialate and I'll take that anyday! Just towards my due date, not early :-P

2 comments:

Sally Jackson said...

You sound like we're in the same boat--Looking for a midwife that we love...that's not too expensive! I'm sure it will all work out!! xoxoxox

Shannon S. said...

Exactly :-)