Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What I'm about to do

This is from www.flylady.net
I signed up once upon a time for this and never stuck with it. I signed up again today and hope to use some of the tools, but not promising to do all of them! I admit I get overwhelmed easily when it comes to cleaning. I need blinders to focus! I'm in a very different place though when I tried this before. I want to be my best self and if I was, my house would look great a lot of the time :-)

I would add to this list, picking up toys/anything off the floor for 10 minutes so that I can vacuum without wanting to pull my hair out or break my vacuum:-) I should implement dusting and polishing things, but I rather hit the other objectives first.

This is random, but I wanted to share it because I like that it's called a Home Blessing Hour. There is definitely more peace in my home when it's cleaned up and somewhat orderly. It feels SO much better. I want my home to feel like a Sacred place. That means clean. Cleanliness is next go Godliness right? I've got my work cut out for me!

What is the Weekly Home Blessing Hour?
The Weekly Home Blessing hour is the time FlyLady spends slipshod cleaning her home. No detailed cleaning required; vacuum the middle of the floors only!

FlyLady sets her timer for 10 minutes to work on each of 7 tasks:
Vacuum
Dust
Mop
Polish Mirrors and Doors
Purge magazines *(I would add papers in general)
Change Sheets
Empty all trash

This takes approximately one hour; some tasks take less than 10 minutes.

"Don't obsess, set your timer for 10 minutes for each task, then QUIT!" ~ Kelly

No comments: